About Private Occupational Therapy
Private Occupational Therapy is a privately owned company that specializes pediatric occupational therapy services for children in Charlotte, North Carolina, and surrounding areas.
Company owner and founder, Chelsea T. Guerra is a registered and licensed occupational therapist in North Carolina and California, who helps infants, children, and adolescents with Autism Spectrum Disorders; Sensory Processing Disorders; intellectual, learning and/or regulatory disabilities, lead more functional and meaningful lives. She provides treatment in home, clinics and community settings such as day care centers, parks, playgrounds and the like.
Ms. Guerra accomplishes this using a combination of traditional and innovative methodologies – particularly Sensory Integration and DIR/Floortime, which are designed to improve her young clients’ functional, engagement and regulation skills.
Services Provided: Consultations, Collaboration, Evaluation and Treatment in the areas of:
- Gross Motor
- Fine Motor
- Sensory Integration
- Early Intervention
- Social Skills
- Engagement and Play
- Activity of Daily Living (ADLs) Skills
- Self-Help Skills
- Home Environmental Modifications
- Community integration
Her treatment plans – which include, engagement and play, Activity of Daily Living (ADLs) skills, home-environment modifications, and community integration – are based on the following principles:
- Screening. She will meet with you – and other family members as appropriate – to learn as much as she can about your son’s or daughter’s emotional needs and issues, medical history, etc. and conduct an initial 15-20 minute screening to identify any concerns that may require additional evaluation.
- Collaboration. If it is determined that your child does not require 1:1 treatment, Chelsea will consult with you and/or other healthcare professionals about how to best help your child via phone conversations, visits, and/or video chats.
- Evaluation. If, after the initial screening, Chelsea feels that additional testing is warranted, she will recommend a more thorough evaluation of your child’s sensory and developmental progress. This evaluation consists of standardized testing, parent interview, and clinical observation.
- Treatment Sessions. If warranted, Chelsea will develop a personalized therapy plan that addresses your child’s developmental delays and supports his or her personality, age, and more.
If you have questions or would like to schedule a private initial consultation please contact us by email using our secure online form or call 910.920.9777.